Sorry, I have to show you these attractive behind the scenes pics, It looks like I’m having a nap…
So attractive, NHATTT!
As a follow up from my natural beauty post — this is, ‘A Beauty Series – Part 2’! [*Insert drum roll sound*].
It’s time to get your brushes out. Ladies, I’m going to expose what Giselle (my lovely make-up artist) taught me for the day.
Dramatic Make-Up Look
1. Define. If you haven’t set your brows earlier that day, darken them up a bit more than usual with Benefit Brow Zings, it will show up more in photos.
2. Apply your favourite primer along on the eyelids — this will make your eyeshadow last longer and prevent creasing.
3. Use a whiteish-beige ish eyeshadow onto the inner thirds of your eyes, this will bring more light to the eyes. I use the beige shadow called ‘Strange’ from my Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette (this palette is fantastic by the way).
4. Apply a neutral eyeshadow like the shade ‘Trick’ from the same palette. Apply at the outer corners. You want to create subtle shadows — this will add more definition to the eyes.
5. Load up your brush with a black eyeshadow (UD Palette: Blackheart) and fill in your lids. Photos will take away the intensity of makeup, so I usually pack on the colour. Fill in the top of your eye sockets with a grey eyeshadow like the one from this palette. Now darken the lower lash line using the same eyeshadow.
6. Using a liquid liner, line your waterline. Apply Mascara on the top and bottom lashes.
7. Highlight and contour: Apply your powder with a blush brush on the bridge of your nose and apples of your cheeks. Apply brown blush along the cheekbones, jawline and sides of the nose. I use NARS Eyeshadow in Nepal — made for the eyes, but I use it for cheeks too.
8. Outline the lips – if you have a pink lipliner lying around otherwise just finish off with lipstick/lipgloss in a flirty pink colour.
Hope you’re made up with your look. Do show me piccies if you have a go!
Location: George Samuel Studios
Lancome Eau Micellaire Douceur | Lancôme Génifique Eye Cream | NARSskin Aqua Gel | Garnier Caffeine Roll-On | NARS Stick concealer in Ginger | NARS Sheer Matte Foundation | M.A.C Eyeliner | Benefit Brow Zings | Primer | NARS eyeshadow in Napal | Grey Eyeshadow | Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette | Shiseido Eye Curlers | Yves Saint Laurent | Burt’s Bees | Pink Lipliner | Pink Lipstick
Photographer: George Samuel
Make Up: Giselle Fryatt